- MotoGP rider Andrea Dovizioso talks about his beginnings and his relationship with motor sports on board a SEAT Leon CUPRA
- “I love motorcycles, but in my day-to-day life, and with a little daughter, I use my car. When you get the chance to drive a proper car it’s amazing”
- As a new SEAT ambassador, the Ducati Team rider is already driving his new Leon CUPRA
Italian MotoGP rider of the Ducati Team Andrea Dovizioso has momentarily switched over to four wheels. During a road trip on board a SEAT Leon CUPRA, the Italian driver for SEAT Carlotta Fedeli interviewed the new SEAT brand ambassador. Dovizioso looked back on his career and some curious facts about his life:
– How did you start in the world of motorcycle racing?
– My father was a racer and I was practically born on the racetrack. As soon as I took it up when I was still a child my father thought I could become a world champion; he had great confidence in me! (Laughter). I’ve put in a lot of work, but of course it’s easier to get to the top when you’re born into the scene.
– What do you feel when you lower your visor right before beginning a race?
– It’s a very unique moment in a few minutes of maximum concentration and tension. Sometimes when I’m in the seat I curse having to swallow that bitter pill, but then back at home I miss it. The adrenaline rush I get in those brief moments has a powerful effect.
– You spend practically your whole life travelling. Do you miss home and your daily habits, like pasta, when you’re away from Italy?
– (Laughter) At the beginning I did. At first I was a typical small town boy who only ate home-cooked meals. But eventually, and after being in so many different places, you begin to open up and discover tasty things wherever you go. So I like to try new things when I’m abroad, but always go back to my comfort food when I return home.
– And do you like travelling in your spare time?
– I love the beach, but when it’s crowded it makes me feel uncomfortable. Besides, I travel a lot all year for work, so when I get the chance to rest I prefer to stay in Italy with my family. I’m fortunate to have a nice house, so it’s the best place for me to spend my spare time.
– I know you like motorcycles, but what about cars?
– I’m a big fan of anything that has to do with engines. I love motorcycles, but in my day-to-day life, and with a small daughter, I get around a lot by car.
– How does it feel when you’re at the wheel of the new CUPRA?
– The Leon CUPRA is a compact vehicle with exceptional performance, 300 hp, which makes it a sensational combination. I like motorcycles, but when you get the chance to drive a proper car it’s amazing.