Club Forum Rules
1. Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
2. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning should we feel it to be necessary.
3. Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Your Moderator Team members are CraigLOC and Andrewjb. Please use the “post report” feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned.
4. Members should remember the LOC board is aimed at the general public audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and could lead to a warning.
5. Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Members linking to information on warez, crackz, etc sites will receive a warning and their post will be removed by a Moderator
6. Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; “Help!”, “My car’s broken”, “Stuff”, etc. Examples of good subjects include; “Windows are jammed open”, “How do i drive a car?”, etc. #
7. Members are encouraged to use the preview button when posting to check their signatures or links to images etc. (subject to previous points on decency, warez, etc.).
8. Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. The moderating, admin(s) and other LOC staff reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. is up to LOC Team Members and not users.
9. The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging (PM). Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
1. Signatures may contain up to 255 characters of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 200px high and 600px wide. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text.
2. Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, and so forth.
3. Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of 5 unique pages or sites. LOC Team members are allowed additional links to aid in rendering support, events and/or announcements for LOC. Linked sites may be commercial in nature. You may not include links in a way which suggests you offer official support, guides, etc. for LOC unless you are part of the LOC Team and have a role assigned to you. You may not link to warez, porn or political, racist or other similar hate sites. Links are included in signature size limits.
4. Users abusing these rules will be warned.
1. We endorse the use of Gravatar. To register please visit. A link to the Gravatar registration Window can be found HERE
2. Users are permitted to utilise a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own (subject to previous points on misuse of bandwidth). User defined avatars are to be no larger than 128 pixels square, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of team members), may not exceed 40KB in filesize and have a consistently high availability (i.e. links to images on slow servers or those prone to failure may be removed).
3.Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth.
4. Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges
1. Members may include or post links to 3rd party sites in an effort to render knowledge or support for LOC in response to a help request. Members are not permitted to post links to material unrelated to LOC or the SEAT Leon in general.
2. Members who maintain localised websites and businesses which could benefit the club may be allowed a link within the Partners and Sponsors section of this site. Members should contact the admin to propose their site for determination.
1. The Leon Owners Club operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
2. Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
3. Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the relevant team leader, e.g. if warned by a moderator you should contact the Moderator team leader or the Admin. If they feel you were treated badly they remove a warning.
4. Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account of evade an email ban. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.
5. An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
6. Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While LOC may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
Please read the FAQs for any other questions you may have or contact contact any member of the LOC Moderator Team or Admin.