Forum

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: 2005 Leon Stylance 1600 #15593
    andrew pain
    Participant

    which lights? When you switch on, or after start-up? And always the same ones?

    in reply to: new owener seat leon mk2 2010 #15471
    andrew pain
    Participant

    not heard of this, and not sure they would give you the tool to save money on servicing in their network either.
    try calling the customer service team, and best of luck.
    Failing that there are some useful forums around with loads of self-help threads.

    in reply to: New owner #15468
    andrew pain
    Participant

    only way to update nav in UK is to but a new card from dealer, unfortunately. Unlike continental europe, where updates are subscription-based. And that’s NOT a Brexit thing, it’s Seat UK marketing….
    Not heard of anyone managing to get working updates outside the network because of some dealer-specific coding…..it’s around £125.

    in reply to: New Leon FR Owner #15467
    andrew pain
    Participant

    might be the seal not seated properly – dealer should take it out to test and fix…

    in reply to: DPF enquiry #15464
    andrew pain
    Participant

    that’s Ok, Tom. maybe mine doesn’t come on because I don’t floor the pedal and therefore put a load of fuel into the system that has to come out again…..although injectors are supposed to only put in precisely what’s needed. I reckon it’s driving style as much as anything.
    have a look on the “seatcupra” website – there’s loads of threads on there about dpf….

    in reply to: Sound Actuator #15463
    andrew pain
    Participant

    got one on mine and hated it so much I had the sound turned right down so I can use Sport mode without having this artificial growl in the car….

    in reply to: Anybody else had problem with rear light condensation? #15435
    andrew pain
    Participant

    lots of people had this (on another forum) – all deny hitting anything, so it must be extra-fragile or brittle plastic. Good height for shopping trolley handles maybe? Some dealers will swallow it, others refuse and Seat Customer Services won’t normally pay.

    in reply to: Fuel usage #15434
    andrew pain
    Participant

    seems low to me – how new is the engine? Sometimes it takes a few thousand miles to loosen up, but mine did 58MPG the first week I had it on a 400 mile trip. Always about 53mpg between fill-ups. Careful driver though…..old git watching the pennies!

    in reply to: Navigation #15433
    andrew pain
    Participant

    elevation above sea level. In yards for some strange reason. How bloody useless is that?

    in reply to: Steering wheel stereo controls #15432
    andrew pain
    Participant

    maybe he’s hitting it with his head when head-banging…..?

    in reply to: DPF enquiry #15431
    andrew pain
    Participant

    they seem to regen at the strangest intervals. Never had the light come on, and I do quite a lot of sub-30 minute drives (at low throttle openings) and when I get out the fan stays on for ages. But sometimes it does that after I’ve done a 300 mile round trip on motorways at 75+, so where’s the rationale for it?
    Supposedly a once a week or so 30 minutes at 2000+rpm is supposed to keep it clear, but in 30 months and 30k miles my light’s never come on……maybe driving style is a factor? I don’t mash the pedal…..average MPG is 53. I wouldn’t worry unless you’re constantly doing 5 miles in town traffic and no longer stuff.

    in reply to: New User in North East FR #15430
    andrew pain
    Participant

    enjoy it…..saloon or ST?

    in reply to: New in the NW #15429
    andrew pain
    Participant

    they’re almost ALL right…..OK. I was picky when shopping, but the one in the showroom had EVERYTHING I wanted, including a 4k discount for the 7 miles and pre-reg!!
    2 years later I’m STILL loving it…

    in reply to: Hi from Cambridge #15428
    andrew pain
    Participant

    grinning too?

    in reply to: Hi from NE Hampshire #15427
    andrew pain
    Participant

    hope so too – still loving mine after 2+ years

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)