Forum

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Newbie from Fife #12393
    andrewpain
    Participant

    I got the 184 FR ST in April, and am averaging 49.9 over 6000 miles. Much of it’s been short distance stuff round the lanes here, with a lot of 4th and 5th gear, but on longer trips on motorways it averages 60+ at 70-80. I do tend to drive it mildly (especially when my wife’s alongside).
    Like you I don’t see a lot of point in throwing money at mods, I just wanted a new car!
    But I’m tempted by DTUKs tuning box……quite like the idea of another 50BHP, 60NM torque, and better mpg. might be £400 well-spent?

    in reply to: Tuning for mk3 fr tdi 184 #12323
    andrewpain
    Participant

    not sure how to get it past my wife……she can’t understand
    a) why I’d want to spend more money on a car that’s new
    b) why would I want to make it go faster when she thinks I already drive too fast

    any help would be appreciated.
    sounds like an F1 car:pit conversation
    “anybody got any suggestions?” Lewis Hamilton on a bad day
    “then give me more power” which I think was Kimi, when told “we need to go a bit faster…”

    in reply to: Comming back to Leon #12322
    andrewpain
    Participant

    drive it as it deserves to be driven. works with my Fr184…..

    in reply to: Tuning for mk3 fr tdi 184 #12290
    andrewpain
    Participant

    bet it doesn’t stay on 1+1 for long:-)

    in reply to: LED FOG LIGHTS #12267
    andrewpain
    Participant

    it’s a small world, Kevin:-)

    in reply to: LED FOG LIGHTS #12259
    andrewpain
    Participant

    yes, that seemed to be the consensus amongst the other forumites.
    some specs the foglights turn, others don’t. Also people tried using the VCDS codes to re-programme/allow this feature, with varying success.

    in reply to: Tuning for mk3 fr tdi 184 #12256
    andrewpain
    Participant

    DTUK seem to have a really good box available for us….from what I’ve read on other forums their customer service is fantastic too.

    in reply to: LED FOG LIGHTS #12253
    andrewpain
    Participant

    have seen threads relating to front fogs on another owners forum, seatcupra, and it seems that the spec can vary from build week to build week! quite a few people trying to figure out whether the from fogs follow the steering or not, and upgrades to LED from normal….
    what colour’s your SC? My ST’s black – and lives in Meppershall:-)

    in reply to: Seat Newbie – Collecting Leon ST in a few weeks #12225
    andrewpain
    Participant

    I’ve got one, and it is a great-driving car, especially the 184 manual. But I haven’t got kids or dogs…
    think andrew’s on the button as regards size.
    Don’t know if it’s got 3 Isofix fittings across the back for child seats, or just 2. Have to look on mine when I go out next…
    I’d far rather drive my 184FR ST than a Touran. Or my old E320estate that we PXd for the Leon. Bet your hubby will too….

    in reply to: anybody got 17" alloys for sale? #12221
    andrewpain
    Participant

    got some now:-)

    in reply to: Mk3 Leon 17 wheels wanted #12220
    andrewpain
    Participant

    all sorted – got original Dynamics, and added Nokian WR D3 winters…..hope it’s a long time before it’s cold enough to fit them.

    in reply to: Mk3 Leon 17 wheels wanted #12211
    andrewpain
    Participant

    in reply to: Steering wheel controls? #12020
    andrewpain
    Participant

    I’m amazed at how good the voice-activation is. It’s correctly identified phone contacts, and also which number for people with multiple numbers, and also destinations such as “Portishead”, followed by “Harbour Road”.
    On the voice menu you do have to wait for the “speak” chirrup before saying what you want it to look for. It’s slow, but pretty good…

    in reply to: Newbie #11949
    andrewpain
    Participant

    I have a feeling it will be even better with DTUK’s new box “Trevor” – that’s what Andrew at DTUK was calling it until it’s fully released….I am sorely tempted.
    But have just splashed out on a set on wheels for winter tyres. Better half not particularly understanding about spending on cars…”you just bought a new one. Why do you need to spend money on it?”

    in reply to: Another new LC owner :) #11948
    andrewpain
    Participant

    good-looking car for an 02 plate and 87k.
    enjoy it:-)

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 157 total)