Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
andrewpain
Participantthanks for the compliment on my sleek good looks – I put it down to healthy eating:-)
andrewpain
Participantnow sold….
andrewpain
ParticipantIf I see you in my mirrors I’ll try to get out of the way quickly…..
andrewpain
Participanthi – is that the 1.6 Ecomotive diesel?
andrewpain
Participantfold on one click is, I think, in the VCDS software you need to carry out lots of small tweaks. I found a very friendly Cupra owner near me who has the software and did some changes for me, including mirrors folded on one click.
Dip on reverse needs to be set up in the settings menu, then have the mirror control turned to the LH mirror knob on the door, engine running, engage reverse, and move the mirror to where you want it to lower to. Then when you go forwards the mirror reverts to the normal position. But you’ll need to keep the control knob set on the left for it to work. Not when you’ve got the mirrors heating up!andrewpain
ParticipantHi – how is it so far?
andrewpain
ParticipantI get around 500+, but I do try to drive smoothly, if still as fast as limits allow and use engine braking a lot. On a motorway run at between 75-80 mine does about 60MPG, but I have got almost 30k miles on it now. But even from the first it’s been averaging high 40s to mid 50s. I doubt your dealer would find anything wrong, saying it’s driving style, but you can always ask!
andrewpain
Participantnever suffered from this on my ST FR184, and I’m picky about noise, but I have heard of people putting additional layer of soundproofing under the boot false floor to absorb it on theirs. Conti’s aren’t always quiet, but it’s an expensive experiment to replace tyres on a whim. But the original Contis on my previous E-class estate were much noisier than the Michelin HP Primacy I replaced them with.
This seems a bit of a bodge, but it might work. Got any old carpet you could use as insulation?andrewpain
Participantmust be a setup thing I would think. What’s the dealer say?
Other than that hope you keep enjoying it:-)
waiting for a test drive of the Ateca as possible FR ST replacementandrewpain
Participantgreat value cars and good fun to drive too.
andrewpain
Participantgreat choice (from the driver of a 184FR ST…)
andrewpain
ParticipantI average 52 mpg in my manual 184TDi, and get 60 on a longish motorway/a-road drive. Long as I don’t wring it’s neck when it drops to about 45-ish.
I don’t think the 150 is actually any more economical than the 184, but the 1.6 might be. You’d have to drive it so hard you’d end up getting a lower mpg, probably.
With the 184 you can push on quickly but the torque and power allow you to use less revs, so the economy is better than you’d think. mines a pleasant surprise, as I wasn’t expecting it to be as good as it is.andrewpain
Participantmid-range is fantastic in mine (manual FR 184 ST), especially in 4th. anything above 2000 rpm the torque just boots you along.
Get some test drives and you’ll see what I mean.
I’m delighted with mine, even after 2 years.andrewpain
Participantmines a 184 TDi ST FR, but a manual.
Eco never gave me any more mpg, but it felt as though the throttle wasn’t quite as responsive, but that could have been my imagination.
In Sport the door lights turn red, which is a GOOD THING, but the sound aktator comes on which is a BAD thing. I had it turned down to 25% with VCDS which is about ok now.
I think the gearchange nanny on the dash display encourages gearchanges at different revs in Sport and Eco, and with a DSG it’ll actually change for you.
Steering heavier in Sport, which is my preference.
So I use Sport and Individual, Individual settings being everything in sport except “engine”, so I don’t get the annoying aktator.
Average MPG is 52, with 60 on a motorway at 75-ish. I’m very happy with that…But overall it’s a terrific car – glad you’re happy:-)
andrewpain
ParticipantHi – bet you’re grinning like a Cheshire cat then?
-
AuthorPosts
