Forum

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Grill badge #4909
    CupraTurbo
    Member

    I just removed my rear cupra badge and stuck it between the slats on my grille with plastic glue. Its rock solid.

    in reply to: What issues will I get from lowering? #4884
    CupraTurbo
    Member

    The lower you go the greater the chances of the arb and driveshafts coming in contact with each other. Adjustable droplinks can usually sort this issue out.

    in reply to: differance between a 51 plate and 03 plate #4833
    CupraTurbo
    Member

    The 51 plate are pre face lifts as oppose to a 53 plate which has different bumpers, sideskirts, 17″ starfish alloys and a slightly upgraded interior. I bought my 2002 pre faclefit model without really doing my homework as if it was registered a month later it would have been the facelifted model but I still love my car, had it four years now without fault. All the 1.8 20v turbo’s will easily see 200,000 miles if looked after properly.

    CupraTurbo
    Member

    1. Shaiboyuk – ibizaoc
    2. Shaiboyuk – ibizaoc
    3. A.m.C – ibizaoc
    4. A.m.C – ibizaoc (Only if Deal 2)
    5. euanlowe – ibizaoc
    6. Mstains – ibizaoc
    7. vroomtshh – ibizaoc
    8. Jamie8954 – ibizaoc
    9. bertrum – ibizaoc
    10. bertrum – ibizaoc
    11. Ravey_Cupra – ibizaoc
    12. Tom. – ibizaoc
    13. Iain – Ibizaoc
    14. CupraTurbo – leonoc

    in reply to: Centre Vent Gauges Install…. #4801
    CupraTurbo
    Member

    Is getting rid of the gauges and fascia as I fancy a change so these will be up for grabs shortly. The fascia is just bonded into position with the gauges just sitting behind it. It could do with a rub down and a bit of a paint. Don’t have a sender for the oil pressure gauge as it began to leak so just removed it. The boost gauge is mechanical and reads upto 1.5 bar. The oil pressure gauge is electrical and does a full sweep when turning on the ignition. Gauges are 60mm and sit behind the fascia but 52mm gauges fit straight into the holes from the front. They pretty much match the red illuminations in the Leon. Let me know if your interested or have anything different I may be interested in. Looking to put just a boost gauge that has a more OEM look in the driver side vent but not sure how to go about it. You can buy a plastic insert but not keen of the price of them and think I could manage something similar. Thanks guys 😀

    in reply to: Cheap Exhaust mod…. #4685
    CupraTurbo
    Member

    Yes I only heard about it recently, some said it wouldn’t fit, some said it would so decided just to go for it. My old centre section was sleeved at the cat and at the back box but the new pipe only needed to be sleeved at back box as the front slipped snugly over the cat and used a C clamp there. While I was under there I removed back box and cleaned it up and gave it a lick of black heat resistant paint as believe it or not its still its original. Must of had its middle section changed as it was a cheap ass bosal part. The hangers had already been patched and welded so it definitely needed replaced.

    in reply to: hello. #4684
    CupraTurbo
    Member

    Welcome mate…. :welcome:

    in reply to: Hello from sunny North Yorkshire #4683
    CupraTurbo
    Member

    Welcome mate…. :good:

    in reply to: bit of help please #4682
    CupraTurbo
    Member

    Loads on ebay mate. Not sure if I can drop links here but just search ”turbo intake pipe 1.8t AUQ” and one comes up. Not sure if AUQ is your specific engine code but it will fit.

    I’m sure there will be other places you can get them from too. Aslong as they fit either the KO3 or Ko3s turbos and not the KO4 which is on the 225bhp engines. I’ll be looking to get one of these in blue shortly 😀

    in reply to: first timer #4675
    CupraTurbo
    Member

    Welcome from a fellow newbie and scot :wave:

    My car came from Arnold Clark Cumbernauld!!

    in reply to: bit of help please #4674
    CupraTurbo
    Member

    Hi mate no I believe there are differences as the turbos are different. If i remember correctly the 210 and the 225 are the same but the 180 fitment is smaller. A 180 bhp fitment would be same across the whole engines range with engine codes AWW, AWD, AWP, AUM, APP, AWU and AUQ.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)