Forum

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: mods #5714
    FSiLeonMike
    Participant

    PICTURE NOW POSTED

    in reply to: mods #5712
    FSiLeonMike
    Participant

    Agree with Andrew, the new Scorpion STR Cat Back system is good……very good (Andrew and I own the 2 R&D “test” cars, and I have been running one on my 2.0FSi petrol since late last year)

    I would recommend the Non-Resonated system, without the smaller silencer, this will make your car sound great, seems to rev a little more freely too.

    All I would suggest is, like Andy says, contact STR via his link, and explain your engine isn’t on the list, (I suspect you have a 50mm pipe, but you should check this, you need to measure where the exhaust comes out of the tunnel in the floor, just before the bend round to the first silencer, there could be a join here)

    Its a great exhaust, and the quality is comparable with other “Hi Quality” after-market exhausts.

    And here it is

    in reply to: Exhaust Bore #5715
    FSiLeonMike
    Participant

    another un-solicited bump

    in reply to: Tyre Pressures #5727
    FSiLeonMike
    Participant
    in reply to: Exhaust Bore #5725
    FSiLeonMike
    Participant

    blatant bump

    in reply to: My BTCC kitted mk2 cupra. #5746
    FSiLeonMike
    Participant

    Very Nice

    in reply to: alarm problem need help please!!! #5775
    FSiLeonMike
    Participant

    I’ve had a similar problem

    Had the local dealer run a diagnostic. My problem is the Motor in the drivers door that controls the central locking, it buggered, this shows up as a fault, and as the central locking only works intermittently, it also shows a fault on the lock itself.
    A way to see if this is the problem, when the alarm is going off, is the interior light on? If its a lock module in the doors, this will probably happen.

    in reply to: faded yellow paint #5774
    FSiLeonMike
    Participant

    Andrew is right, Onvi Yellow was terrible.

    Its actually a milking of the top clear coat I believe. Right pain in the arse

    in reply to: Heated Rear Window Switch #5773
    FSiLeonMike
    Participant

    Above stereo, there is an Air Con, (AC), and recirculated air (swirly arrow), and heated rear screen (has a sqaure symbol on it)

    in reply to: Tyre Pressures #5772
    FSiLeonMike
    Participant

    There is a sticker on the inside of the petrol filler cap flap (or there should be)

    in reply to: re-map #5187
    FSiLeonMike
    Participant

    Agreed, an re-map on an N/A car will return 5 to 8bhp increase at best. (Some will claim 15 to 20bhp, but without machanical bolts ons, this is very doubtful)

    in reply to: Hello everyone #5159
    FSiLeonMike
    Participant

    Welcome along!

    in reply to: Which engine ? #5152
    FSiLeonMike
    Participant

    I think, but may be wrong, the PD140 Engine from pre facelift cars didn’t have DPF filters. It was just the PD170 and the Ecomotive.

    in reply to: Springs?? #5135
    FSiLeonMike
    Participant

    They “should” do, both cars are built on the same platform

    in reply to: Hey All #5125
    FSiLeonMike
    Participant

    Welcome mate, oh, and buy a Cupra!

    Only kidding, I ain’t got a Cupra either

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)