Forum

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Car alarm #5738
    richard.c
    Member

    Hi Cupra man, I still got the same problems I got the original keys for the car but manually turning the key in the door unlocked the car and left the alarm turned on. The key lock gave up and just spun in the door so not been able to lock the car for months. Problem was over christmas the battery went flat so recharged and guess what the alarm turned itself on again.
    I have purchased a 2nd hand door lock and key repair kit so now I can unlock the door with the key and it works the central locking and turns the alarm off. (Going well so far). If I lock the door with the key it manually locks the drivers door and leaves the rest unlocked and the alarm off, BUT if i hold the key in the unlock position it unlocks all doors then opens all the windows as it should, but then locks the rear doors and passenger door and turns the alarm on again what use is the alarm on with all the windows open.
    I give up now but money’s to tight to go to the main dealer with it, at the end of the day its become the work car only..

    in reply to: ELECTRIC WINDOWS #4462
    richard.c
    Member

    Hi Gaz,
    You need to make sure that the glass is completly free from car door you should be able to lift it out the top of the frame by tilting the glass forward as you lift. I suspect its still attached to the clips so you need to lower the window about 3″ and remove the two large round plastic caps and slacken the two bolts which clamp the glass to the runners, remove the glass and lift the panel up high and the bottom of the runners will clear the door. the door lock area gets tricky and the lock indicator is a nightmare so good luck with that.
    I had same problem and the plastic clip broke so went to main dealer to get the part he laughed and said “you cant buy just that part you have to buy the whole panel” about £186 so I left without, shocking! scrap yards will charge about £10 but the cant be bothered to get the part out. I managed to find new cables, spool, guide rollers and clips from the manufacturer in some far off country abroad via e-bay for £18.
    Good luck let us know how you got on.

    in reply to: Car alarm #4262
    richard.c
    Member

    Just had one last try and got the central locking to work for no apparent reason and then stopped straight away, but this time all doors were locked and alarm turned off. So unlocked drivers door without central locking working and stripped door panel so as to disconnect the wiring plug off door lock. Now i can unlock door manually then if needed i can unlock all doors by pressing the button by door handle and reverse when finished. that do for me so cancelled trip to main dealer and spend the money on something better thanks for all your help and advice.

    in reply to: Car alarm #4255
    richard.c
    Member

    Hi had my head under bonnet listening and it sounded like on drivers side somewhere at rear of engine. i’ll have a listen from wheel arches see which side for sure, thanks. Am I right in assuming that the immobilizer is completely seperate and works off the key in the ignition so if the correct coded key is in ignition I can drive it?

    in reply to: Car alarm #4253
    richard.c
    Member

    Hi all, surely there must be some way of dis-arming the alarm so as that I could drive it to main dealer rather than them collecting it with a breakdown truck and me giving away all my hard earnt dosh. if not where is the horn so as i can pull the wire off, I can start the car but how far could i drive it with the alarm going off. cheers guys for your advice

    in reply to: Car alarm #4248
    richard.c
    Member

    Hi, yes just tried that and all doors work fine from the button inside and the alarm stays on. I think my neighbours are starting to get fed up with the noise lol.

    in reply to: Car alarm #4243
    richard.c
    Member

    Hi, thanks for replying the central locking has stopped working so the drivers door only unlocks as if the battery is flat, but the alarm stays turned on so you open the door the alarm goes off and nothing works to turn it off. One day the centrall locking works the next it doesnt. I had over come the problem by double locking the car so that turns the alarm off, then if the central locking doesnt work i can still unlock drivers door only and alarm doesnt go off.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)