Forum

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Mk1 Leon Side Repeaters #3885
    Seat Adam
    Member

    Just ordered a set of smoked side repeaters from http://www.body-kit.co.uk/section.php/880/1/lighting. They are part number FO-FST6-3100. I ordered them with the amber bulbs which all in all cost £23. Not too bad. Now just have to wait for the arrival and hopefully they will fit straight on, should do.

    in reply to: Mk1 Leon Side Repeaters #3884
    Seat Adam
    Member

    I’ve just been doing some research and aparently they Golf Mk4 don’t fit the face lift Leons. Although Mk6 Fiesta ones do. Looking at a website that does smoked ones for around £16.50, plus £3 for silver bulbs. I’ll check if Ford do them, if not the website it is.

    in reply to: Mk1 Leon Side Repeaters #3870
    Seat Adam
    Member

    Will do mate. I’ll definately be doing it, just got to buy them and get the amber bulbs to go with them. Hopefully get some silvertec ambers for them so no amber shown.

    in reply to: Mk1 Leon Side Repeaters #3866
    Seat Adam
    Member

    I may have to go and do a search on Friday afternoon when i’m off work. Maybe go to VW for part numbers and prices.

    in reply to: Hi All! #3856
    Seat Adam
    Member

    Hi there. Welcome to the forum. Car is looking nice. What front bumper has that got?

    in reply to: what is the difference with the lcr and the fr tdi clutch? #3855
    Seat Adam
    Member

    Also looking that you have a TDI LC with an ARL engine, so do the TDI FR Leons, so there would be no difference in a standard clutch.

    in reply to: what is the difference with the lcr and the fr tdi clutch? #3847
    Seat Adam
    Member

    I suggest the best people to speak to are VAG specialists, eg AMD, The Phirm or JKM, there are many out there. They will tell you what will be the best option for your car, for example a new Sachs uprated clutch with single or dual mass flywheel. Either way you will probably need an uprated clutch as the torque of the engine will determine the rate of clutch needed.

    in reply to: water leaks #3845
    Seat Adam
    Member

    In the mean time before it is sorted, just open the door before you drive off and watch the water drain from the door, this will stop it leaking into the car.

    in reply to: Seat Paint #3844
    Seat Adam
    Member

    The previous owner of mine didn’t reaaly care for the car as much as I do, now I need to sort all the bird crap etch marks in the laquer. Got me a super fine tip artist brush, a touch up paint pen, so when it’s a bit warmer I’ll try and sort out all the little marks and scratches on mine.

    in reply to: Fabia Rear Wiper Conversion #3842
    Seat Adam
    Member

    I did too, until I fitted the rear wiper, made the car look so much different and improved and the wiper is much better. Fronts is obviously an owner opinion but I know I like mine. Apparently you can get the front wipers from GSF also for £1 less. Probably the cost of the little sticker that comes on the VW ones to tell you the wiper needs changing. Although I picked the sticker off anyway as it started to turn yellow after about a week!

    in reply to: Fabia Rear Wiper Conversion #3840
    Seat Adam
    Member

    Rear wiper was about £35 i think, front wipers were around £24.

    in reply to: Fabia Rear Wiper Conversion #3837
    Seat Adam
    Member

    I got these parts from Skoda…
    1. Wiper arm – 6Y9 955 704A
    2. Wiper blade – 6Y0 955 425
    3. Cap – 6Y0 955 435

    Also fitted aero wipers to the front, really suits the Leon. VW part number…
    Conversion – 1J2 998 002

    Adam

    in reply to: Here’s Summer! #3832
    Seat Adam
    Member

    Just in case you need it mate, I got some Yellow T-Cut you can have. I used it when I had a yellow MG ZR, works on all yellows too. If you want it, let me know.

    in reply to: Fuel Filter #3831
    Seat Adam
    Member

    Most likely under the car, near the fuel tank.

    in reply to: Induction Kit Kat #3830
    Seat Adam
    Member

    Have you got one yet. Another thing you can do is get a Green Cotton Panel filter or K+N panel filter. Made from the same material as an induction kit. Smooth the air box on the inside for better air flow, maybe drill some holes in the bottom half of the air box. This will give an induction kit noise, whilst keeping the standard look of the engine bay and let more air in so as some more power.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 154 total)