Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven9761
ParticipantDunno if its been brought to your attention, but there’s a pandemic going on, and every non-essential business is in lockdown. This means that the likes of this company will probably be working from home, hence you have not received a response as yet.
Have you tried using a file recovery manager on your pc in the meantime? You might be able to retrieve the corrupted files that way.
Steven9761
ParticipantYour map software is well out of date in any case!! For an up to date version, I buy my cards from http://www.satnavstore.com
Here is the link to the actual card you need:
https://satnavstore.com/seat-as-sd-card-map
In the drop down, you want the WEST EUROPE version.
It will cost you £35 for the current version.
This company is quite reputable, so you will have no issues.
-
This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by
Steven9761. Reason: additional info
Steven9761
ParticipantI stumbled upon this:
Volkswagen / Seat / Skoda RNS 315 SD Card Navigation Map 2020/2021 / V12 SAT NAV MAP UPDATE
It appears to suggest that it is compatible as the 5f0919866h SD card.
Steven9761
ParticipantYaaaaay!!
Steven9761
ParticipantThis might sound like a silly idea, but I’m wondering if copying the data from the VW card, and loading it onto the Seat card might work?
The worst that could happen is that your navi system refuses to recognise the card.
As you’d be copying data from the VW card, there is no damage done to it. Same applies with writing the vw data onto the seat card – you’re only loading the seat card with useless buff!
Who knows… it might even work!! Stranger things have happened.
Steven9761
ParticipantI’ve browsed a few sites that seem to offer this actual card, but their prices are around the €85-90 mark. I’ve sent an enquiry back to satnavstore, and see what they can do.
Steven9761
ParticipantWhats the part number on the sd card? Upload a photo of it, and I’ll hunt an update down for you.
Steven9761
ParticipantHave a look at this:
Does the display look exactly like yours? If so, I think this might be the place to buy. Again, give them a call beforehand, to make sure you order the right card.
Steven9761
ParticipantMine is 6P0. Do you still have the sd card that was in your car originally?
Steven9761
ParticipantIm looking at that site myself. I think you download the software, then use some sort of link to actually activate the data. I’ll check to see what the entire process is.
Steven9761
ParticipantHave a look here:
https://hereshop.navigation.com/cms/page.leon5F0/en_GB/HEREEMEA/GBP
Steven9761
ParticipantI think you need the 5FO card. That ebay card is what goes into my head unit, only im running v12.
Steven9761
ParticipantSell the vw card. I asked a few Seat owners if they were interested in buying the spare ones I had. Best place for trying to sell it is when you visit a retail park.
Steven9761
ParticipantI’ll have a look for a few alternative sites then. At least ee now know what the wrong card is. Hopefully, you have noted the part number on the card?
Steven9761
ParticipantPass that info (doesn’t work with 5FO) on to them. I’m sure they will know what the right part is.
-
This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by
-
AuthorPosts
