Forum

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: leon fr oil strainer #6306
    CupraMan
    Member

    Again yes i can confirm this is the fix, the strainer sludges up and blocks stopping the full oil flow. I had mine done by AMD tech in woking, they flushed and clean the engine inside removed hardened sludge fitted new strain filter and all was well.

    in reply to: leaking doors #6305
    CupraMan
    Member

    Can confirm this is the fix, did it to my Cupra last year now its dry. One word of advice put plenty of silicon on especially down the bottom anything will do any colour your not going to see it.

    in reply to: wanting a Leon cupra #6304
    CupraMan
    Member

    what you want is my Cupra, see the car sales section of this forum, My Cupra is kicking out the same as a standard Cupra R, and thing is its mapped so no MODs as such so insurance will be as for a Cupra standard 180BHP. Posted in sales section today, link to Auto trader there.

    in reply to: Too much information #6303
    CupraMan
    Member

    i know this is an old post, but someone has just PM’ed me for some info on this subject and as it happens i do have three methods to re-program fobs one of which you only need one key, I did manage to re-program my key for my LEON Cupra with one method, but worth a try. Trouble is I don’t have the methods on my computer in document form so scan them in so they are now and image, if anyone wants a copy PM me your email ady and I’ll send them.

    in reply to: Re mapping? #4775
    CupraMan
    Member

    @kev16 wrote:

    Just one further question, my car is currently on 84000 miles it does have fsh but is it a bit high milage to be playing with the engine?

    Read my post above mines on 156k and had both stage 1 and 2, and runs fine, like someone else has said these are strong engines they go on forever. Now I’ve said that watch mine go on me next week LOL. :LOL:

    in reply to: Car alarm #4765
    CupraMan
    Member

    I know this is an old post but for future readers as i’m sure the original problem has been sorted but if you change the battery in your remote you have to re-code it again, possible. I say possible as i know of a mate that didn’t have to do a thing, but in my case i had to re-code thr fob to make it work again. SEAT will charge you about £70 quid for this but you can do it yourself there are about 3 different methods to try. I will try to find the methods buried on me puter somewhere and post them.

    Going back to the original problem, maybe i’m misunderstanding something here but if i manually unlock my car it turns off the alarm and the car can start but then i do have the original keys with the sensor in which the car needs by the ignition to start car.

    in reply to: water leaks #4764
    CupraMan
    Member

    I know this is an old post but dont suppose you have any photos of the part you sealed. I am also a member of the common “I got a swimming pool in my Leon club” mines bad in the front foot wells and after i came back from a 2 month hol in the states earlier this year i had 2″ of water in the front and some in one of the back foot wells, and the whole car was coated inside with mould. I promise myself this year I’d do something about so any help and suggestions would be good.

    I did speak to SEAT about it and they wanted £150 a door to sort, of course once I’d got up from the floor i politely refused.

    in reply to: Tyres? #4763
    CupraMan
    Member

    I have and swear by the Goodyear F1 Eagles, on my second set now on my Cupra, grip’s good in wet or dry and wear pretty good, obviously more so on the drive wheel so it’s best like any set of tyres on any car to rotate back to front now and again.

    in reply to: Re mapping? #4762
    CupraMan
    Member

    Hi if it’s any help I’ve had a stage 1 and a stage 2 done to my Cupra, and yes the stage 1 deffinately improves the performance no end. The stage 1 done by Custom Code took it from the standard 180BHP to about 210BHP, only engine mod I had at the same time was a forge DV and a green air filter. The stage 2 was done last year by AMD tech (Woking,Surrey), I had a Milltek full system exhaust fitted and they recomended an uprated fuel boost valve (Which was only a few quid). The stage 2 took it to approx 235BHP, they could have tweeked it more but they kept it down a bit to be a little more conservative on the fuel comsumption.

    Never had a new clutch, gearbox is sweet as a nut although I did trash the RH drive shaft last year and had to have a new set of them babies fitted, but then my Cupra has just clicked past the 156k point and I do drive it like I stole it, hence the £360 speeding fine I got last year (85 on a 70, tried to contest it that why it was so high, should have paid the fixed £60 will I never learn).

    Back to the original question, the re-mapping is best bang for bucks so worth it deffinately on stage 1, not so on stage 2 though I did notice a little difference but nothing to write home about, it was mainly to smooth out the new Miltek and give it better responce due to the Miltek, wasnt cheap if you consider the cost of the Miltek as well but it had to be done.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)