Forum

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: X-Perience experience? #13161
    andrewpain
    Participant

    I’m 64 and bought a 184FR ST last year! I would have thought the extra height of the X-Perience would have made it easier…if it had been out a year ago I’d have gone for it.
    I have an 86-year old cousin that I drive around and she manages with the sport seat bolsters if I raise the seat height to max. Not as easily as she slid in and out of my e-class admittedly, but that had to go….
    I love the 184ST anyway.
    Of course, the new Cupra ST looks tempting too….

    in reply to: Folding Door Mirrors #13160
    andrewpain
    Participant

    driven me mad having to hold the button down for that extra time, instead of just “lock, fold” like any normal manufacturer would…
    It can be changed apparently if you have the VCDS software on a PC and a connecting cable. You can access loads of programmable stuff and personalise it.
    Maybe a friendly dealer? Mine wouldn’t. Or perhaps a non-franchise specialist who’s got the gear?

    in reply to: Hi newbie here #13158
    andrewpain
    Participant

    used leon alloys seem to be in short supply right now. probably being used for winter tyres. Guilty of that myself….you do see them on ebay and Gumtree.
    worth just doing a google search on “used alloys for seat leon…” followed by the size you’re after…

    in reply to: Infotainment screen Icon info #13122
    andrewpain
    Participant

    it’s the elevation – why it’s in yards heaven only knows…..keeps changing because you don’t live in Norfolk!

    in reply to: Hi newbie here #13121
    andrewpain
    Participant

    they drive really well…..loads of stuff, go like merry hell when you want them to, but easy to live with when you want to pootle around, or the family are in the car!.

    in reply to: Hi newbie here #13117
    andrewpain
    Participant

    glad you like it!
    what makes it better?

    in reply to: problem with front windowwipers #13108
    andrewpain
    Participant

    I think the wiper stalk should have a small switch on top, and this should be a sensitivity/speed setting. Try changing the position of it next time they go berserk….if not it may be a trip to the dealer under warranty.

    in reply to: Hi , new FR 184 owner #13062
    andrewpain
    Participant

    FR 184 ST, Phantom Black. was in the showroom with 7 miles on, and about 3500 OFF (pre-reg jan 30th, I bought it mid-April.
    Had convenience, leather, winter, technology and sound packs, panoramic sunroof.
    it had 18″ wheels, but I got the dealer to swap them for 17s as I’m tending towards comfort and away from hard cornering these days. Obviously they did Ok out of it, but it was what I wanted.
    really been delighted. Much better car than I could have expected from my preconceptions about Seat. Love the performance, mileage, looks, comfort.
    Excellent car….

    in reply to: Hello! #13059
    andrewpain
    Participant

    deep shine do what they say!
    looks great….

    in reply to: Hi , new FR 184 owner #13058
    andrewpain
    Participant

    Hi
    pleased you like it – I was really impressed when I tested my ST, and don’t regret buying it at all…
    I’ve seen really good reviews of the DTUK tuning box, which seems to take 10 minutes to install, gives up to a 50BHP boost, and similar hike in torque, and costs about £400.
    not too much for the brakes, suspension and clutch to deal with either.
    and removable for when you take the car into a dealer for service/warranty work!
    But my wife would wonder why I was spending 400 notes on a new car, and “isn’t it fast enough already” (which of course it is)
    what spec did you get Pauli?

    in reply to: Mk3 newbie #12977
    andrewpain
    Participant

    well worth the wait, though:-)

    in reply to: Mk3 newbie #12951
    andrewpain
    Participant

    i’m not seeing the photos then…

    in reply to: Mk3 newbie #12949
    andrewpain
    Participant

    am I missing something here?
    is this a request for someone looking to sell, or are you selling one?

    in reply to: Noob with a silly White car #12934
    andrewpain
    Participant

    I’ve seen sillier – looks like you’re proud of it.
    as you should be….

    in reply to: Warranty/Servicing #12926
    andrewpain
    Participant

    get it clarified.
    I had one on my merc that covered everything except tyres for 5 years and extended warranty as well. brake pads, washer fluid, wipers. just about everything….
    not looked at the seat one as mine was already registered and 10 weeks old (only seven miles, showroom model). But as it was registered I couldn’t specify extended warranty or service plan. Dealer just sent me a letter saying it’s 1st service due 30/1 (one year old) but the car apparently believes it’s on variable, and not due for 345 days or 8000-something miles. Going in to them this morning to clarify.
    £700 for 4 services isn’t so bad, given what they charge us for oil. My daughter’s Golf 5 cost about £190 last time…

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 157 total)