Forum

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Hi all new to the forum #13530
    andrewpain
    Participant

    hello…

    in reply to: Hi all. quick question inside. #13529
    andrewpain
    Participant

    think the sensor is up on the screen near the rear mirror…unlikely to be dirty, I would think.
    On the Mk3 there’s a sensitivity setting, but don’t know about Mk2…

    in reply to: Hi all new to the forum #13513
    andrewpain
    Participant

    Hi:-)

    in reply to: 2015 Leon ST Ecomotive #13480
    andrewpain
    Participant

    it’s a good-looking car with alloys and metallic.
    and a very fancy number!

    in reply to: Hi, Leon ST Ecomotive on the way.. #13479
    andrewpain
    Participant

    that’s a shame….looks really nice, though

    in reply to: 2014- Meet at Stondon Motor Museum #13457
    andrewpain
    Participant

    garden centre would be good – I remember when it was before…..easier to get to than Langford

    in reply to: 2014- Meet at Stondon Motor Museum #13454
    andrewpain
    Participant

    so I may be able to buy back my dads/wife old Lada Riva?
    Before it turns into another housing estate…

    in reply to: hi everyone (another newbie) #13451
    andrewpain
    Participant

    probably too much?
    unless you own a tyre dealership and petrol station…:-)
    enjoying it so far, then?

    in reply to: Waiting for my MK3 leon #13438
    andrewpain
    Participant

    feels great, doesn’t it?
    such a well-equipped and well-finished car for the money.
    loads of toys to get to grips with:-)

    in reply to: hi new to forum #13410
    andrewpain
    Participant

    no more than other VAG models – some people have rattles from the door cards, but most dealers are now well-able to sort these. It’s a warranty repair, but you might have to take a tech out on a drive to prove you’ve got them. If you hear a buzzy rattle from the door, generally towards to top, you can stop it by pressing hard on the upper surface.
    If you’ve got LED headlights, you might be interested to hear that some people have experienced the auto-levelling breaking. When the car starts, and the lights are “on”, they swivel up, then level down. One or both may just swivel straight down and stay there! Very few, and again – dealers will replace under warranty.

    hope you like it:-)

    in reply to: Waiting for my MK3 leon #13391
    andrewpain
    Participant

    downside of the diesel is higher initial cost, higher servicing cost, heavier in the front, and the noise.
    and threat of imminent crucifixion by local and central government because they’re NOT as clean as we were all led to believe….

    in reply to: New to SEAT, just ordered my MK3! #13390
    andrewpain
    Participant

    Hi – what style, colour and spec?
    mines an ST with tech, sound, convenience, leather, winter and sunroof.
    Phantom Black manual…

    in reply to: Hi all, my name's Adam and I'm new to the Forum! #13389
    andrewpain
    Participant

    no mods to my 184 FR ST.
    just a big SD card with about 200 albums on.
    My first Seat, and I’m really pleased….

    in reply to: new car #13380
    andrewpain
    Participant

    calling their bluff is always a good option, as they KNOW there’ll be another dealer, and another car you can buy from him.
    Shame they tried to rip you off, though.
    sure you’ll like the car though….:-)

    andrewpain
    Participant

    haven’t driven a Mk2 Adam, so can’t comment about the 170.
    I find the 184 delightful!
    in the real world I don’t think there’s much to choose in terms of MPG between the 150TDi and 184, it’s the upfront cost and slight additional insurance. mine only costs £20 a year road tax.
    have seen posts about 150ACT delivering between 40 and 50 Mpg, and it’s quite a torquey engine.
    Had I known about DPF, and the current campaign to demonise diesel, maybe I’d have looked at petrol more closely. But the 184 got such good reviews, and has such good performance figures I was virtually sold before I drove one….

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 157 total)