Forum

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: SD Card #7099
    sixysix
    Participant

    Also look at page 23 HERE

    I assume the 2Gb limit is per folder as I have more than 2 gig on the 16Gb SD card πŸ™‚
    You probably have an issue with the file types of bitrate of the audio.

    in reply to: SD Card #7098
    sixysix
    Participant

    I am pretty sure the max is 32Gb for the SD card and not sure if it supports SDXC.
    I am using a class 10 16Gb card and it works just fine.

    It’s only going to be playing audio files so a class 4 card would be up to the job as well.
    Only need faster transfers on SD cards for HD pictures or Video really.

    This is what I am using

    Β£19 for 32Gb here

    32Gb version

    Hope that helps πŸ™‚

    in reply to: leon on order #7056
    sixysix
    Participant

    I assume and believe I heard that, If dtrl are fitted, then need to be working but I could be talking tosh :rofl:
    I think that with vagcom, you can permanently disable them or have them come on with the switch as sidelights, will look into it πŸ™‚

    I think the ride is a good balance with the FR but not as soft as some on uneven roads.
    Feels soft enough for me coming from a lowered 306 Gti :p

    in reply to: leon on order #7051
    sixysix
    Participant

    congrats on the new purchase and I think you will enjoy the car although may feel similar to the Golf you have already, but styling is bit more edgy on the Leon πŸ™‚
    As far as I know you can’t disable the dtrl yourself but can through vagcom, but would need to enable them again before first MOT.

    I really like the look of the dtrl but they can be a bit of a pain especially this time of year.
    Say you are waiting for someone at night and it’s a bit chilly so you start the car up to get the heaters going and you can’t turn the dtrl off and they are very bright in the dark, almost main beam bright being LED’s.

    Only a minor gripe but I wish I could choose times to turn them off πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Anybody else had problem with rear light condensation? #7046
    sixysix
    Participant

    It’s easy if you know but most lights I have ever removed were, undo bolts and pull out and unhook wiring πŸ™‚
    The light will take a minute to remove now, just pop the outer edge of the light on the wing out before sliding out the rear.
    Silly design if you ask me though, although an easy way for seat to make some extra bucks lol

    in reply to: Anybody else had problem with rear light condensation? #7037
    sixysix
    Participant

    hi guys,

    Got my replacement light yesterday and fitted between the showers and all seems good now πŸ™‚
    Cost me Β£61 as I don’t think they added the vat on πŸ™‚

    Not sure if all Seat, VW, Skoda, Audi are the same fitment wise, but I assume so, so will add a little how to to save some of you breaking you’re outer rear lights πŸ™‚

    Should be simple really and is when you know how but if you can’t see how the light mounts, it’s very easy to break bits πŸ™
    There is a diagram in the manual and even I thought I understood it but obviously not.

    Anyway, first open boot, Locate the little cover which is parallel to the light and remove to reveal the light mounting bolt.
    Remove the mounting bolt with a flat head screwdriver by turning anti clockwise.

    Once you have removed the bolt from the boot, you need to the top right edge of the light on the rear wing.
    There are two bolts which are a push fit into rubber mounts in the rear quarter panel, these are the bolts…

    The bolts are here when light is fitted to vehicle…

    Standing at the side of the car with the rear wheel facing, you will need to grab the outer edge of the light and pull it towards you to release the bolts.
    Remember they are push fit so there is nothing to undo.

    Once the two bolts are clear, the light will slide out to the rear of the car πŸ™‚

    Replacement is reverse of removal.

    I was careful but tried wiggling the light a bit before I knew how it was attached and both the push fit bolts had snapped off on the old light πŸ™
    It is pretty easy to remove now that I know how lol

    Pictures are of the original light which had the crack in the glass, I have managed to dry it all out, glue bolts back on and silicone sealed the light all the way round so is all good for a spare now if I ever need it πŸ™‚

    The only time you will really need to remove the outer lights is if you need to replace the part, or replace a bulb.
    If you have rear led lights, the only bulb that I can see that is replaceable are the indicator bulbs.

    I am in no way responsible if you follow this guide blah blah blah lol
    And if you do muck it up, maybe this will help lol

    How this helps someone in future πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Anybody else had problem with rear light condensation? #7034
    sixysix
    Participant

    Cheers guys, I know what you mean about modern lights and the problems they can have πŸ™
    Just that it is pretty new and as said, light unit at cost for Seat is nothing really.

    My Dealer has offered to split the cost of a new light so am considering that as an option.
    Light costs Β£146 inc vat, so will cost me Β£73 not including fitting which I will do myself as it’s easy enough, well assuming nothing has to be reprogrammed by the ecu which I doubt it would.

    Did nobody notice the spooky face in the last close up image then? lol

    in reply to: Media hard drive question #7025
    sixysix
    Participant

    I would assume that an external HDD needs power like any drive would unless it receives it’s power through the USB cable itself which I think is unlikely.
    The capacity of the drive is probably too big to read as well.

    I would just get some 32Gb SD cards or USB sticks and do it that way and still holds plenty of music πŸ™‚
    Not sure if 64Gb would be compatible.

    A standard platter drive will also get hot without cooling, so if you are set on a hard drive, if possible, I would be using a SSD as a standard hard drive will not like all those bumps in our roads either.

    in reply to: New MK3 #7010
    sixysix
    Participant

    Congrats on the new car and hope you enjoy as much as I am at the minute πŸ™‚
    I like pictures so pop some up as well :thumbsup:

    in reply to: Leon SC FR 184 #6624
    sixysix
    Participant

    Cheers Andrew, will pick a few up soon πŸ™‚
    First thing I did when I got home was peel off the dealer stickers on the rear window :lol

    Will look into the mapping as well thanks although need to see how it bumps up insurance and how it affects mpg and so on πŸ™‚

    Thanks Jen, you will know what a great fun and overlooked car the Gti6/Rallye is then πŸ™‚
    I do miss my 6 but definately :love: the Leon πŸ™‚

    I had a phase 1,you probably had a phase 2/3 facelift model, all the same underneath though πŸ™‚
    Here’s a few of the old gal in different guises πŸ™‚

    And when I sold her last month…

    Sorry, no more Frenchie pictures now! I promise :lol

    in reply to: Leon SC FR 184 #6688
    sixysix
    Participant

    It’s nice to be here and I hope to be around for some time now πŸ™‚
    I did see you’re review and many others before buying and did not hear anything bad about this car apart from unrefined engine idle and mirror wind noise but so far I have not encountered either and all seems pretty good from what I have seen.
    They are right about the rear visibility being a bit limited, but it’s not that bad either πŸ™‚

    I only test drive mine for 10 minutes and knew it had ticked all the boxes for me as I wanted a car that I could have a bit of fun with now and again but something comfortable for commuting with and the Leon seems to do both very well πŸ™‚

    No plans on any tuning just yet, but a remap in the future is a good possibility when I start wanting something more.

    Saw you’re post on the washer jets and is good info and will probably upgrade at a later date.

    The LED lights work really well and produce a nice clean light and stretch out far enough on main beam.
    Tested them out down some welsh country B roads last Friday and they do a great ob down the unlit roads πŸ™‚
    Infact, the DTRL alone would light the road up pretty well on their own :rofl:
    Just glad that the Tech pack was free as it’s not a cheap option if you are paying for it.

    I would imagine the mk2 headlights are not too bad, better than my 1997 306 that I am coming from anyway :lol
    From looking at the owners manual, you can’t replace any bulbs in the LED headlighs apart from maybe the indicator bulbs, so hope they do last the lifetime of the car!
    Saying that, I am sure there would be a way to take them apart and solder in new LED’s if needed πŸ™‚

    Was always interested in buying a mk1/mk2 Cupra for a long time, but when it came to actually buying something I was buying with my head and my heart and the TDI was a natural choice in my mind. First diesel and first ever Seat for me as well.

    So who do I have to sweet talk to get a club sticker then? πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Leon SE 5dr 1.4 140Hp #6575
    sixysix
    Participant

    I was also concered about wind noise produced by mirrors from review before buying and I have just done 600 miles in her and did not notice and strange whistling noises at all πŸ™‚
    Not a fan of Monserat at all, but Emocion red is :love:

    in reply to: *Guide* Change washer jets to MK2 Leon style fan #6404
    sixysix
    Participant

    Good info and thanks for sharing and part numbers πŸ™‚
    I might change mine at some point and I did something similar with my old Peugeot 306 and swapped the washer jets for some Citroen Xsara jets as they mist instead of spray and did a good job. Also they were fixed so no messing around with a needle to set the aim πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)